Citrus production (oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit) continues to grow, averaging more than 100 tons every year. More cultivated land in environmentally climates and society’s passion/demand for these fruits, drinks and medicinal uses make this a viable enterprise for anyone wishing to start and grow a new farming business.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- First of all you must have a “Business Plan” before starting the farming operation. Basically, a business plan provides a comprehensive guide about the input costs, projected return and profitability.
- Citrus crops demand irrigation. So, you will need proper irrigation facilities.
- Alike any other fruit farming business, you will not get any return before harvesting the fruits. That is why you must have the financial preparation to carry on till the cultivation.
Citrus grows over a wide range of soils. However, the light, well-drained (sandy) soils are most ideal. For good production citrus products require well-distributed rainfall or supplementary irrigation throughout the year. Therefore, a good source of water is essential in citrus farming. Generally, water requirements vary according to weather conditions, but as a whole, the ideal range is between 450mm – 2700mm per year
Citrus trees can vary in height from 5m to 15m. They are evergreen with spiny shoots and green leaves. Depending on the variety, the flowers may occur singly or in branched clusters. Flowers are usually between 2cm and 4cm in diameter with five petals. Citrus fruit has a tough and leathery rind with a juicy interior. Citrus fruit can be eaten fresh, pressed for juice, or preserved in marmalade’s and pickles.
For marketing and production purposes in South Africa, citrus is divided into four main groups:
- Lemons and
- Soft citrus (e.g. mandarins).
All citrus contains Vitamin C, a water – soluble vitamin with immune- enhancing effects. The Eastern Cape produces the most citrus in South Africa, followed by Limpopo, Mpumalanga, the Western Cape and KZN. The harvesting season is usually from May to October.
NEED TO KNOW MORE OR NEED HELP WITH A PROFESSIONAL FARMING PLAN CONTACT US – (27)11 704 1248 OR (27)084 583 3143.
When you become a fitness instructor there are several avenues you can go down. Some instructors work with individuals to help them achieve a desired goal. This could be to lose weight or to become fitter and stronger, or perhaps both. In other cases fitness instructors take classes in one or more areas, like yoga, aerobics, or using static exercise bikes.
Most fitness instructors (personal trainers) focus on specializing in one or two areas, rather than trying to cover everything. It means you will be more employable as you can act as a general fitness instructor or taking classes in specific subjects.
Where do I start?:
To become a fitness instructor (personal trainer) you need to have a recognized qualification like:
* Level 2 – Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
* Level 2 – Diploma in Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction.
* Level 2 – Diploma in Instructing Exercise & Fitness.
Further qualification also include:
# Level 3 – Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training.
# Level 3 – Diploma in Personal Training.
Fitness instructor courses are widely available through colleges and private training providers. Membership of a professional organization, such as the Registrar of Exercise Professionals (REP’S) or National Registrar of Personal Trainers (NRPT) is also a good way to demonstrate your competence and skills.
Where can I work?
Many fitness instructors or personal trainers are self employed. If you want to be employed, you could look for a job with health clubs owned by large chains, at resorts and spas, on cruise ships and with large companies providing workplace fitness facilities.
HOW CAN I START MY OWN GYM?
Start by following the following steps:
1. Obtain a fitness professional certification – Credibility is important when opening any gym. Loan officers and customers will regard your level of industry experience as a reflection of your competence and abilities.
2. Review and select your services – Gym’s offer a number of services to their clients from rehabilitation to weight loss. Determine your customer base factors into the type of services and classes your gym will offer.
3. Location – Find a gym location that will support the services your gym will offer. Seek out demographic areas that will support your gym’s services. When seeking out a location consider things like street access, parking, security and visibility.
4. Equipment – Select fitness equipment after selecting your gym’s services and determining the required fitness equipment needed. Also consider leasing and purchasing options when estimating the cost of fitness equipment.
5. Business Plan – Write a business plan to get gym financing. Starting a gym will require both a written business plan and loan application.
NEED HELP WITH THIS OR A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PLAN CONTACT US NOW: (27) 84 583 3143 OR EMAIL: email@example.com
A mechanically inclined entrepreneur with an interest in cycling can earn a great income repairing bicycles right from the comfort of a home-based workshop. In addition, to big profit potential there are many other advantages to operating a bicycle repair service, including low overheads, huge demand for the service in an ever- growing sport, and flexible full or part – time hours.
Whether it’s replacing a bicycle chain or fixing a flat tyre, your business will serve anyone needing repair work to be done. It will also help to establish alliances with bicycling clubs and organizations in the community, as the membership of these clubs can become potential customers of your bicycle repair business.
Some tips to follow:
1. Plan your business – A clear plan is essential for success as an entrepreneur. A few important topics to consider are:
* What are the start – up and ongoing costs?
* Who is your target market?
* The name of your business?
Start – up expenses associated with opening a bicycle repair business are fairly minimal, although you’ll need some essential items like:
# Basic tools – (open wrenches, hex keys, screwdrivers, a ratchet set, wire cutters, adjustable pliers etc).
# Specialized tools – (tyre spoons, a chain breaker, a tyre pump and pressure gauge, a spoke wrench, a crank arm pulley etc).
# Work Stand.
# Truing Stand – for wheels.
If you don’t already have these tools expect to spend some money on them. Repairing bikes also requires a workspace and some replacement parts.
2. Open Bank Account & Credit Card
Using dedicated business banking and credit card accounts is essential for personal assets protection. When your personal and business accounts are mixed, your personal assets like your home, car, and other valuables are at risk in the event your business is sued.
3. Business Accounting
Recording your various expenses and sources of income is critical to understand the financial performance of your business. Keeping accurate and detailed accounts also greatly simplifies your annual tax filing.
4. Obtain necessary permits/licenses
Failure to acquire the necessary permits and licenses can result in hefty fines, or even cause your business to be shut down.
5. Define your brand
Your brand is what your business stands for as well as how your business is perceived by the public. A strong brand will help your business to stand out from your competitors.
6. Web presence
A business website allows customers to learn more about your business and the products/services you offer. You can also use social media to attract new clients.
WANT TO KNOW MORE OR NEED A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PLAN TO START YOUR BUSINESS AND GET FUNDING? – CONTACT US NOW AT: (27) 84 583 3143 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal feed is a kind of feed prepared for oxen, cows, sheep, goat, poultry etc reared for their milk, meat and eggs. It contains protein, minerals and other nutrients which are useful fr milk, eggs, and beef production as well as survival and growth of the animals. Animal feed can be prepared from agro-residues, cereals, molasses, minerals and vitamins etc.
With the increased demand for livestock products for domestic consumption as well as export, farmers realize the importance of maintaining the health of their animals with proper feeding and management. The proportion of crossbred animals increased over the years. This has necessitated higher demand for balanced feed. Feed supply could not keep pace with the growth in various species of cattle and other animals.
Steps to start a Feed Production Business
1. Market Research – You need to do thorough research on your local market. At, first, you should identify the demand of the livestock and other farmers in your area and then select a particular category of animal feed with which you will continue further. Also, look at your competitors who are formulating the same type of animal feed. Study their strengths and weaknesses.
2. Business Plan – Next you should craft an effective and comprehensive business plan to get success in your venture. You need to consider every aspect of your business like objectives, start-up expenses, financial and marketing plans etc.
3. Feed Formulation – There is a specific formula of animal feed for each type of animal and you have to identify the right one for the feeds you are going to produce. If it is not properly produced by mixing the raw materials in exact ratio, you will lose your customers as they would not get the expected results after using the feed.
4. Raw Materials – After generating the appropriate formula or feed, you should buy the essential raw materials that you will need to use.These ingredients may comprise of maize, wheat offal, corn, noodle wastes, minerals, common salt etc.
5. Equipment – The next step is to purchase the equipment that are necessary for the production process.The equipment might include blenders, choppers, cooker, conveyors, weighing machine, bag sewers, pulleys, packaging bags etc.
6. Advertising – The final step is to do proper advertising and promoting of your production business by following effective marketing tactics. This step is quite challenging to perform if you are a beginner. You can hire a sales representative who can help you in promoting your business. You can also make use of the internet by means of a professional website to promote your business.
NEED HELP IN THIS AREA OR ASSISTANCE WITH A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PLAN CONTACT US NOW AT: (27) 84 583 3143 OR EMAIL: email@example.com
The construction industry is growing steadily from year to year. Starting a construction business is an excellent way of enjoying long-term returns on your investment. A construction business is capital intensive simply because of the type of heavy duty equipment that is required to carry out various construction projects and also the cost of managing a large workforce. Despite the fact that the construction industry requires huge start – up capital the industry is highly profitable, especially if you have the expertise and capacity to deliver quality jobs.
The success of a construction company to a larger extent depends on their relationships with the biggest clients in the industry, the government of any country. No doubt there is always enough construction contracts to go around (even small ones) as long as a construction company is competent and well positioned.
The construction industry can comfortably boast to be responsible for the infrastructural development of the world. As such, the development of any community, city or country can be said to be the handiwork of construction companies and other stakeholders. In other words all the bridges, dams, roads, estates, shopping malls, office complexes and massive structures that you see around are all products of the construction industry.
STRATEGIES TO EXPAND
Bring your business online
The construction business is no doubt an offline business; you cannot provide your services online ever. But you need to come online because your customers are spending most of their time online. Therefore, you will need a professional website design.
Build a Brand
Your website gets more credibility by customers as well as search engines if you present yourself as a brand. To build a brand name you need to get help from a professional graphic design service.
Don’t get overwhelmed while creating an advertisement for your construction business. Advertise one of your skills at a time. Advertising in small fractions keeps your audience engaged and increase their chances of turning to you for availing your services.
Similar to any other start up business you will need a solid and well structured business plan when establishing an construction business. A business plan allows you to lay down the blueprint for your company from start to finish.
IF YOU NEED HELP IN ANY AREA OR WITH A WELL STRUCTURED AND BANKABLE BUSINESS PLAN CALL US NOW FOR PROFESSIONAL HELP AT: (27)84 583 3143 OR EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking about setting up a business?
We have the know how to get you going!